Thursday, April 8, 2010

Writing: This Week in Revelling In Rejection

Current Writing Mood: Frustrated.

My Month of Mondays ended last week, and I haven't had the chance to really sit down and knock something out. I have redrafted a flash piece that I want to enter in a competition, but I'm waiting on feedback from the workshop.

This one got a major overhaul after initial reviews, and it was a nice to have my eyes opened to how "messy" I'd made it. I like to make things challenging, because a life narrative is not simple, but perhaps for now I need to work on the basics - getting the first narrative/idea right.

Another lengthier short story I have up for review needs a complete overhaul as well.

I have entered one piece in a Flash competition.

I haven't submitted anything elsewhere. Bit PO'd about that, wanted to make a steady line of ongoing submissions.

I have received no rejections and no acceptances.

I don't want my frustration to roll over into procrastination.

No comments:

Post a Comment