Friday, May 14, 2010

This Week In Linkage

  • On the days when I run out of The Words, when we need a champion of Feminism Win, we have Sady Doyle of Tiger Beatdown. Here she does a complete and perfect take down of a fauxminist troll. There are days where I wish I could write half as good as Doyle and Melissa McEwan over at Shakesville.
  • I don't want to suck, I'm trying really hard not suck, I'm sorry if I do suck and I make your slush eyeballs hurt; I don't mean to do it deliberately, and I'm not oblivious to my screw ups. I'm learning and getting better. Jason Sanford ponders on Sturgeon's Law in "Living in a world where most writers suck". (via SFSignal)
  • Alyx Dellamonica ponders "Self Promotion - Starting too soon?" over at Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America. This post got me thinking about where I'd take my blog if something starts happening with my writing career ie: will I separate into a private blog and a public portal? How much focus should blogging get? Right now, Teh Pickled is simply a place to find me and point people towards, kinda like a CV...and a place to shout into the void. (via SFSignal)
  • Science Fiction writer's catnip! Finding this video is a beautiful coinkidink, since I'm currently writing a novella that includes a future iteration of the ISS. Mind your elbows as you take a video tour of the International Space Station:



No comments:

Post a Comment