Sunday, August 22, 2010

The first rule of Rejection Club 22/08/2010

Here's a rejection I am thoroughly stoked about.

Entered "Slingshot" in Redstone's Towards An Accessible Future competition, where the charter was to write about disability in a SF in a positive light. I didn't win the competition, but my rejection came with very favourable feedback - my story had been considered in the top three!

*happy dance*

I'm really really pleased with this story. I wrote a really engaging protag. In fact, she is (so far) my favourite character in anything I've written. It's a fun space opera-ey setting. I can even imagine spinning it out to book length...when I get to the point with my confidence that I think I'm ready to commit to a book.

I've decided that this Write Monday is going to be dedicated to editing and re-writing. I have a handful of raw stories and rejections that need revisits, and it would be good to get them workshop or submission ready.

Yay Me! That makes me feel really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment