Tuesday, September 7, 2010

In Privileged Company

A while back, I spoke about how I'd been rejected, with great feedback, from the Redstone Science Fiction Towards An Accessible Future competition.

At the time, I was very pleased with the feedback and the fact I'd been considered in the top three stories.

Sarah Einstein, a judge in the competition, has written an essay talking about the competition process and the quality of the entries: "Choosing The Best Possible Future: Thoughts on the Accessible Futures Contest at Its Close"

Reading this essay has made me feel even more enthusiastic about my piece and its almost success. I look forward to polishing it and getting it out to a new market. After reading this essay, I want to do this as soon as possible, because I know I'm on to a good thing!

The winner of the competition was Nick Wood's "Lunar Voices (On A Solar Wind)". What a thoroughly deserving piece! It was has a nice challenging literary voice (I like that!). I'm going to read it again, and slowly, to take it all in. Congratulations Nick!

No comments:

Post a Comment