- The meme taking teh internetz by storm the last few days: Privilege Denying Dude!
ETA: The original Tumblr got taken down for some reason (conspiracies abound) but currently someone is keeping it alive through Blogspot.
- Author Jim C Hines offers some help and discussion about sexual harasment at cons in "Reporting sexual harrasment in SF/F", which came on the heels from a harassment case he wrote about in "Editorial Boob". (via @jimchines)
- At Bitch Media Lindsay Baltus writes "Adventures in Feministory: Katherine Mansfield". I haven't touched my compendium of Mansfield in quite a few years, but I do remember when I studied her at school, she was the writer who enamoured me of the writing short form. (via @BitchMedia)
- Tansy Rayner Roberts has written up a comprehensive "Reader's Guide to Connie Willis". I am currently dipping in and out of the "Fire Watch" collection, and have asked for MOAR PLX for Christmas.
- A comment I keep seeing come up in feedback I'm getting from editors is that I don't have enough conflict driving the story (most of my pieces so far have been reasonably navel gazing internal conflicts, but still...). Janice Hardy talks about "Forcing the Issue: Adding Conflict to your Scenes" at The Other Side of the Story. (via SFSignal)