Friday, January 21, 2011

Double Digit Rejection 21/1/2011

"Me Myself I" rejected by form letter from Strange Horizons.

This story has reached the awesome nadir of double digit rejections - this was it's tenth! The reason I keep persisting with it are a) I really like the story (well, duh) b) it's received two very favourable rejections from two cool magazines.

As much as I'm trying to stay positive about it, after a cluster of aftershocks yesterday it makes me feel rather flat.

Despite his best efforts, Fluffy was never able to make friends with the transparent cat in the window.
*sigh*

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there. I've had stories accepted after double-digit rejections; but I've believed in them and revised them along the way until they were good enough to catch an editor's attention. Focus on the two "warm" rejections and ignore the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks MFJ :) Yeah, I've been editing along the way, but I'm wary of tinkering too much now, especially since the last few rejections haven't given feedback. And yes, the nice rejections were super helpful...I know I'm on the right track somewhere! :)

    ReplyDelete