Tuesday, December 20, 2011

On The Rejection Front 20/12/2011

It's been a while since I talked about rejections in detail. Don't worry, they're still coming in droves.

On the Personalized Rejection front, I've received them from: Fantasy and Science Fiction (gasp! PROGRESS!); Strange Horizons (huzzah! another!); Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine (they always do constructive criticism); Mutation Nation; Shimmer (they're always nice); and Redstone Science Fiction (my homies). The personalized response from Gordon Van Gelder at F&SF was a real surprise - means the story filtered up through the slush pile. I'm very happy with that.

The Form Rejections keep on piling in: Asimovs (try and try and try again...); Dark Tales of Lost Civilizations; Daily Science Fiction (two different stories); Shock Totem (first time I'd tried submitting there); Analog (I mean really, who am I kidding?); and Lightspeed (dang, are they super fast on those rejections. Whiplash!).

I stay positive about a lot of these rejections, because editors are starting to get to know my name and style, and I really appreciate the time they take to give a personal response or feedback. I think of it as a kind of networking.


After rejecting the humans as a viable source of knowledge,
 the aliens decided to opt for a much more intelligent life form...


No comments:

Post a Comment