Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Update

I wish I had more news to share, but I don't.

The writerly side of life has taken a turn for the quiet. No news good or bad - no acceptances, and even the rejections are coming at a very slow pace lately. Have a couple of stories sitting around the 170 to 200 day mark at some venues (wut), and I'm sitting on something that could be potentially exciting or potentially the biggest disappointment of my writing career so far, depending on how it goes, but I just can't say anything about it. I'm not a superstitious person but I'm worried I'll jinx it! Please, oh writerly goddesses, be kind to me!

I've been dealing with some private issues (earthquake related) which are impeding my ability to write lately,  and the more I don't write, the more I feel guilty, and round and down the spiral we go. I have good days and bad days, and sometimes the bad days can stretch into bad weeks. I'm working on it, and hanging in there.

"Daughters of Icarus" and my piece in Fantastique Unfettered are on the horizon, so it's just a matter of waiting for those releases.

I've also been contemplating a "Tip Jar" for this blog, but I'm not sure if a) I update often enough to warrant it b) I have enough indie cred/publications to resort to begging. If I did go ahead with the Tip Jar, I would definitely only use the money for writing concerns, probably for my trip to Au Contraire next year, or even put it towards savings for *gasp, whisper* WisCon in a couple of years.

Yes, I said WisCon out loud. Could WisCon, like Disneyland, be a possibility for my Big Four Oh trip?

Captain Fitzwater of the Starship Picklesworth, signing off.

Pickel Jar: 20 cents
Stuffing your freind in it: Priceless

No comments:

Post a Comment