Saturday, January 19, 2013

Starting The 365 Project: Read A Story A Day for 2013

The speculative fiction short story is my favourite literary form, to read and to write. So many themes, so much characterization, so much to say, all in a just few thousand words. When it comes together, it zings. They're easy to consume too; most can be read in under an hour, sometimes less than half an hour. And they're good for a taste test of an author's style.

Recently reading some short stories, I've come to the conclusion that I don't read them enough, for enjoyment and for research or academic reasons. It's time to remedy that.

From today on, I am going to read or listen to a reading of a speculative short story or novelette every day for the rest of 2013. By the 31st of December, 2013, I want to have consumed 365 stories.

Since I'm starting this a little late, I do have some catching up to do. Some days in the early parts of this project I will read two stories a day as a make up for the first eighteen days of the year missed.

Each Saturday I will post a listing of the stories I've read for the previous week along with some short comments.

Onwards with the Pickled 365 Project for 2013!

Furst Rule Ov Book Club...Thar Iz No Book Club

No comments:

Post a Comment