Sunday, January 6, 2013

Week One Update

Well, here I am at the end of Week One of the 2013 writing plan, and I'm pleased to say I've hit my target, plus more!

I've set myself up a wee database to keep track of my word counts, and this week I have written 5921 new words, hitting my target by Saturday afternoon.

I finished the first draft on Monday of "Cabbages and Onions", an urban fantasy set in a bookshop, and I completed the first draft by Saturday of "The Princess and The Princess", a high fantasy set in the same world (but not with the same characters) as "In Bloom".

A lot of my usual markets that I submit to are on holiday hiatus or closed to submissions because of overstocking, so I'm a bit short on venues to submit to at the moment. I'm also back to manually tracking my submissions as I am not using the new Duotrope paid service.

It's been a good start to the new plan, considering I'm in the midst of packing up the house for moving. I'm pleased to say the plan and motivation has made it possible to get a lot done in a short time. I feel like I've achieved something every day and I'm not getting that hectic sense of maniacally spinning my wheels when I play it by inspiration alone.

Only 51 more weeks to go!

Congratulashions. U won an lolcat

No comments:

Post a Comment