Monday, April 8, 2013

Week 14 Update

Release wise, the last week has been the best week yet. It's an exciting and nerve-wracking time having my first big story out there.

I'm trying to not look for reviews or whether I've got new Twitter followers, but...oh it's a terrible habit. I'm hoping that being away from constant online attention for the next 10 days or so will cure me of it. I have to stop caring less, because in the end what is one review or opinion? I have to distance myself from those things if I want to make a crack at this.

Writing wise, my attention span grew thinner and thinner the closer I came to Flight Time and the more time I spent trying to figure out how to promote my story on my limited resources and time. I eeked out 4000 words, finishing off the first draft of "In The Bones", but I'm not happy with the ending. I need some distance from it to come up with something better. The overall tone of the story is good.

Speaking of the "limited resources", I'm currently sticking to four promotional social media platforms because I don't want to spread myself too thin. I might revise this later if things starting kicking up into a higher gear. Currently I'm using this blog, Twitter, Good Reads (see the sidebar) and Facebook. At this point, my Facebook page is a mix of writing and personal, and I'm considering when and how to change that (ie: make an official author's page). The time's not right yet.

I'm on a jet plane in two days time for House of Mouse 2013, meaning I won't get much writing done in the next 10-12 days. I'm taking my brick of a lappy with me, but I have no expectations of output. I've been planning this trip for ages, and I'm hoping I'll come back energized and refreshed.

SPACE MOUNTAIN, BABY!

The blue-lit tunnel start to the Space Mountain ride

No comments:

Post a Comment