Monday, April 1, 2013

Week Thirteen: a story, an antho, a narration, oh my!

The last seven days really snuck up on me with its awesomeness, most of which didn't have to do with writing any words!

Starting out on a high of making a 2nd pro sale was good enough...then "Daughters of Icarus" was released (Amazon).

And then I had a narration at PodCastle released.

And THEN my Beneath Ceaseless Skies story was pre-released in ebook format (Amazon, Weightless Books)!

Lots all happening at once...and I go to Disneyland next week!

Words wise, I pulled my expectations back to 5000 words for the week, which I managed with an excellent Easter weekend of free time. I rewrote the second section of my swashbuckling Princess story, edited it, and sent it back around the trap. Then I started writing (again!) a story that just won't leave me alone. This is my sixth attempt at writing it - I think I've given up before because I didn't have a good enough ending, but this time I do.

On the book front, I finished "The Drowning Girl", and it was a hell of a trip. There were some parts I had to put the book down for a few days because it was very heavy - I was feeling physically moved/headachey from it. Now it's done, I've gone for something a bit lighter (?) in Neil Gaiman's "American Gods". Yeah, I know, I'm a total heathen, having not read Gaimen in almost 15 years.

So yeah, Teh Captain Picklesworth is happy after that week.

No comments:

Post a Comment