Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Achievement Unlocked!: Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine

I have a list.

It's a list of markets I would like to see my work published. It's morphed a bit over the years, but there are definitely some magazines I see as touchstones, names I'm really happy to put into my bibliography.

One of those magazines is Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine. One could almost say it's a rite of passage for a kiwi specfic writer, you know you're getting somewhere in the local industry (to the South Pacific region), when you're published in ASIM (as we fondly refer to it).

Count me in.

I'm extremely proud that "Long's Confandabulous Clockwork Circus and Carnival, and Cats of Many Persuasions" has been chosen to appear in the April 2014 issue of ASIM. It's a story of firsts: my first serious attempt at writing longer fiction (it's a novella), my first try at writing steampunk (I dubbed it Alt History Animagus Steampunk, if that's a thing!), and after three years of nail biting persistence my first break through of the slushpile at ASIM. Yay me!

Nothing left but the waiting. And dreaming of clockwork kittehs.

I'm in yur airship, waring yur gogglez

No comments:

Post a Comment