Wednesday, May 8, 2013

"Here's SpecFicNZ-Christchurch" - a blog interview by Helen Lowe

Helen Lowe, the author of the "Wall of Night" series, Gemmell Morningstar and Sir Julius Vogel Award winner, is currently running a blog series featuring Christchurch based speculative fiction writers.

This week it's my turn!

When I first started my tentative steps into the industry, I was surprised and intrigued how many specfic writers made New Zealand home. Even more surprising was how big my local community of writers was, including worldly published types like Helen Lowe and Jennifer Fallon. My local team has been a great help in boosting my self esteem, cheering me on, giving me promotional boosts, and in general being good friends.

It's good to feel not so alone any more.

Thanks to Helen for the massive signal boost.

No comments:

Post a Comment