Monday, July 15, 2013

Shiny Shiny Book Releases: "Regeneration" and "Crossed Genres Magazine 2.0 Book 1"

What an intense weekend it's been! While Au Contraire was on (wrap up to come), I had not one but TWO awesome releases happen in the same weekend.

Friday night I was proud to attend my first ever book release for "Regeneration: New Zealand Speculative Fiction II", which includes my story "The Origami Tree". We had a brilliant turn out of about 30 people at the launch, with a good selection of the anthology's authors in attendance. Dan Rabarts read from his creepy story "Mother's Milk", then we finally got a first look at the beautiful books. Much swapping of books for signing ensued! I got a little squee on because it's the first time I ever signed as an author - it felt a little odd.

The cover artwork by Kapiti artist Emma Weakley still blows me away, very much in love with it. To see the book in physical form against "A Foreign Country" (from Au Contraire 2010), and "Tales For Canterbury" makes me realize what a wonderful modern speculative fiction legacy these anthologies are building for New Zealand.


Photo Credit: Matt Cowens
"Regeneration" is currently available to purchase directly from the Random Static website, in paperback and ebook form, and also available from Amazon in paperback form.

But wait, there's more!

"Crossed Genres Magazine 2.0 Book 1" was released over the weekend (o hai Readercon!). The anthology brings together the first six issues of 2013, and includes my story "Second Skin" from the June issue "She".  It's available on Amazon for paperback and Kindle, Createspace, and Barnes and Noble.

Front Cover of Crossed Genres Magazine 2.0 Book 1,
featuring a young woman with a prosthetic leg at a glowing altar.

No comments:

Post a Comment