Wednesday, September 25, 2013

"A Fear of Falling Under", The Future Fire, Issue 27, September 2013

Next September release!

Introducing "A Fear of Falling Under", in issue 27 of The Future Fire.

I raved about the artwork by Robin E. Kaplan on Twitter and I'll rave about it here: holy wow, the artwork is INCREDIBLE. It suits the story so perfectly, I love the colour scheme, the whole "is that TOMATOES EVA person is holding?" wierdness of the first piece, and the characterization in the second piece. Also, the starfield is a lot like the background of PT, so, symmetry.

Be prepared for something different again with "Fear". Yes, the title was the inspiration (from a song about losing yourself physically and mentally, and sometimes not in good ways). Yes, I play with the protag's reality. It was a lot weirder in earlier drafts, almost incomprehensible. Yes, I was playing it a little Russ/Tiptree. Yes, there's a nod to one of my favourite books of all time.

Twinkle twinkle little star, I can see you're not that far...

Cover art of The Future Fire, issue 27: a person in a long black coat and black top hat
walks with their back turned through a graveyard



No comments:

Post a Comment