Thursday, June 19, 2014

Heiresses of Russ 2014

I've arrived in Los Angeles, and I've barely been here 12 hours and I've got great news to share.

Actually, this is news I've been sitting on for a few weeks, but I'm super stoked to finally be able to let it out.

My story "Blood, Stone, Water" has been chosen for Heiresses of Russ 2014, published by Lethe Press. Heiresses of Russ is an annual reprint anthology of the best lesbian speculative short fiction from the previous year, and this year's edition is edited by Lethe publisher Steve Berman and Melissa Scott.

"Blood, Stone, Water" was originally published by Beneath Ceaseless Skies in April last year.

I'm so happy about this because when I first started writing I made myself a list of Bucket List venues I wanted to see my work appear in, and Lethe Press anthologies was one of them, especially Heiresses of Russ (it is named in honour of one of my favourite authors of all time).

Steve posted the below ToC on Facebook, and the order may not be set in stone yet, but these are the stories picked for Heiresses of Russ 2014. I'm honoured to be sharing a ToC with Benjanun Sriduangkaew's "Vector", and Tori Truslow's "Boat in Shadows, Crossing", two of my favourite stories from last year.

Heiresses of Russ 2014 Table of Contents

Introduction by Melissa Scott
"The Gold Mask’s Menagerie" by Chanté McCoy
"Counting Down the Seconds" by Lexy Wealleans (her first story!)
"Love Over Glass, Skin Under Glass" by Penny Stirling
"Hungry" by Robert E. Stutts
"Liquid Loyalty" by Redfern Jon Barrett
"Her Infinite Variety" by Sacchi Green
"The Coffinmaker’s Love" by Alberto Yáñez
"Terminal City" by Zoë Blade
"The Bride in Furs" by Layla Lawlor
"Your Figure Will Assume Beautiful Outlines" by Claire Humphrey
"Blood, Stone, Water" by  AJ Fitzwater
"Vector" by Benjanun Sriduangkaew
"Of Selkies, Disco Balls, and Anna Plane" by Cat Rambo
"Selected Program Notes from the Retrospective Exhibition of Theresa Rosenberg Latimer" by  Kenneth Schneyer
"Difference of Opinion" by Meda Kahn
"Boat in Shadows, Crossing" by Tori Truslow
"The Raven and Her Victory" by Tansy Rayner Roberts

2 comments:

  1. Hi, there! Would you mind fixing the listing for Ken's story? It should say, "Selected Program Notes from the Retrospective Exhibition of Theresa Rosenberg Latimer" by Kenneth Schneyer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for picking that up Mike. My C&P must have gone awry when I was in a hurry.

    ReplyDelete