Sunday, June 15, 2014

Packing

I'm about to set out on an adventure, and my bag is only 3/4 full. What have I forgotten?

In amongst my packing lists and dying my hair, a recurring thought keeps popping up: I don't want to forget any of this. I'm a shocker at journaling or keeping a diary, it's never come naturally to me. But the next two months are too big to rely on my memory and photos alone. There's not just a lot of Writerly Things to take in, but there'll be Comic Con and Pride and lots of exploring and lots of good times with people and wonderful tutors (OMG, I'm gonna be working with Nora Jemisin and Catherynne Valente)...

*mental gasp*

So I've decided I'm going to try and blog as much as I can while I'm away at Clarion. Hopefully I'll put something down at least once a week. I'll be Twittering and Facebooking too, so if you want to catch up on my day to day, come on over to those places.

I'm so looking forward to meeting everyone in my class. We've been chatting for the last couple of months, but really getting to know them is going to be fun, and a big ask (yay, my social anxieties! I will hug you and squeeze you and call you George). I've been bunked in with Harry Markov (who I've known for a couple of years now so it's gonna be major squee when we finally meet up), Ryan Campbell (my limo driver and turning into organizer extraordinaire), and Vida Cruz (Lego Lokis untie!).

So here I go, about to hop the long haul to Los Angeles. Wish me plenty of sleep. And if not enough sleep, plenty of laughs.

Lego Loki prepares for the long haul to LA
"There will be Bohemian Rhapsody. Oh yes, there will."

No comments:

Post a Comment