Friday, July 10, 2015

"Letters To Tiptree", Twelfth Planet Press

James Tiptree Jr. is one of the biggest influences on my current state of writing. The opportunity to tell her this passed me by before I even knew she and her amazing work existed - she took her life when I was thirteen and I had barely even discovered the SFF genre.

Therefore, a chance to write a letter to her posthumously and express what she means to me was a dream come true. Twelfth Planet Press are publishing a collection of essays entitled "Letters to Tiptree", celebrating Alice Sheldon the anniversary of her 100th birthday.

I penned an essay entitled "Ahead of her time, and lost in time: on gender, feminism, and bisexuality", and I am so very proud and excited to share that my essay will be included in the collection, to be released in August 2015.

Editors Alisa Krasnostein and Alexandra Pierce have put together a stellar collection of authors and academics, and I am so honoured to share a table of contents with many people I hold in the highest regard.

Pre-orders are available now.

"Letters to Tiptree", edited by Alisa Krasnostein and Alexandrea Pierce, including letters from:
Kathryn Allan
Marleen Barr
Stephanie Burgis
Joyce Chng
Aliette de Bodard
Timmi Duchamp
Amanda Fitzwater
Lisa Goldstein
Theodora Goss
Nicola Griffiths
Valentin D Ivanov
Gwyneth Jones
Rose Lemberg
Sylvia Kelso
Alex Dally MacFarlane
Brit Mandelo
Sandra McDonald
Seanan McGuire
Karen Miller
Judith Moffet
Cheryl Morgan
Pat Murphy
Sarah Pinsker
Cat Rambo
Tansy Rayner Roberts
Justina Robson
Nisi Shawl
Nike Sulway
Lucy Sussex
Rachel Swirsky
Bogi Takacs
Lynne M. Thomas
 Elisabeth Vonarburg
Jo Walton
Tess Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment